At TotalFusion Studios in Harrison, the yoga classes for kids are unlike regular yoga classes in that the experienced teacher tailors the methods of teaching to the age of the group. With visualizations and explorations, the poses turn into an extended movement.
What are the benefits of kids yoga?
The kids have an amazing time, they learn to move their bodies and create different shapes and poses, and focus their attention and energy. It’s amazing to see them all in complete silence during the final resting pose.
It teaches the kids new ways to relax and focus.
Being able to un-plug and de-stress is huge for kids and yoga provides the type of engaging exercise that provides this for them.
It teaches them something new that is non-aggressive.
While being a challenging activity, yoga teaches us an inner-peace and awareness that can definitely help a child to develop a focused calmness.
They learn how to spend their time constructively.
Children benefit from engaging in constructive play and yoga provides them the opportunity to leave the X-Box alone for a few hours.
It lets them enjoy a level of success.
There are no winners or losers when it comes to yoga and everyone goes at his or her own pace. All children will enjoy their yoga experience in different ways, which really is what it’s all about.
And it tires them out.
Aside from needing an outlet to burn-off the type of energy that our children possess, parents will obviously benefit as well.
TotalFusion currently offers the following classes for kids ages 6-17:
- Kids Zumba – Gives kids a safe environment to let loose, be active and dance their hearts out.
- Kids Yoga (age 6-11) – Gives kids a sense of accomplishment as they develop new and interesting ways to move, interact and find balance.
- Yoga for Teens (age 12-17) – Our experienced teachers tailor each class to the age of the group so that each child can follow the instructions and get the most out of each class.
- Kids Sports Conditioning – Promotes physical fitness in a positive and engaging way.
- Special Group Classes – Looking for a Mommy & Me Class, Family Yoga or Family Zumba Class? The staff is always looking for suggestions and with enough interest, can make your ideas happen! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
347 Halstead Avenue