Did you lose power due to tropical storm Isaias? If you lost power you also probably lost a lot of perishable food in your refrigerator and freezer. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a generator and spoiled food is a big financial loss to families. Fortunately, conEd is extending their claims policy for customers who lost power after Isaias. If you lost power for more than 48 consecutive hours you are entitled to a reimbursement. Here’s what you need to know.
- Eligible for food loss reimbursement up to a maximum of $540
- Claims for reimbursement of food spoilage UP TO $235 must include an itemized list
- Claims for reimbursement of food spoilage OVER $235 must include an itemized list AND proof of loss (this can include a store or credit card receipt, cash register tapes, cancelled checks or photographs of spoiled items)
- You may file for actual loss of prescription medicine (not included in the $540 food spoilage maximum)
- Eligible for a reimbursement up to a maximum of $10,700
- Requests must include an itemized list and supporting documentation (receipts, photographs, invoices, etc.)