Westchester is full of amazing parks, museums, libraries + nature centers. Looking for something enriching to do with the whole family for an hour, an afternoon or even a full day? Here are some of our favorite spots in and around the Sound Shore!
Location: 1 Museum Drive
Contact: (203) 869-6786
The new Bruce Museum is now open! Come visit with friends and family and discover our
magnificent new building with its stunning, open gallery spaces and engaging exhibitions of art
and science. Also be sure to make time to have a coffee or lunch in the new Bruce Café,
managed by Aux Delices and shop in the Museum Store.
Museum hours are:
- Tuesday – Sunday, 10:00am to 5:00pm (last admission at 4:30)
- Closed Mondays
- Reservations are recommended but not required
Visit the new Bruce Museum today – you will BE AMAZED by what you’ll experience, so BE AT THE BRUCE!
10 North Water Street, Norwalk
We have 75 live exhibits featuring nearly 7,000 animals of 363 species. Your Long Island Sound journey begins along a freshwater river and the shallow waters of the salt marsh, then moves into deeper and deeper habitats out to the open ocean.
Our hours change seasonally, see below:
- Summer hours 10 AM -6 PM July 1 through Labor Day, September 5, 2022
- Regular hours 10 AM -5 PM starting September 6, 2022 until June 30, 2023 (assuming we keep the same as this year
- Find Your Wonder Today! Discover the fascinating marine life just off Connecticut’s shores in this dynamic aquarium featuring sharks, seals, sea turtles, jellies, and hundreds of other species native to Long Island Sound and its watershed. Enjoy hands-on touch tanks, sensory thrills in the 4D theater, and public cruises out on the Sound. The mission of The Maritime Aquarium is to inspire people of all ages to appreciate and protect the Long Island Sound and the global environment through living exhibits, marine science, and environmental education.
2 Bruce Avenue
121 Larchmont Ave
2 Madison St.
West Harrison, NY
136 Prospect Ave
3093 Purchase St.
1 Library Plaza
New Rochelle, NY
MUSEUMS + NATURE CENTERS
873 Boston Post Rd.
99 Dromore Rd.
100 Playland Pkwy
735 Anderson Hill Rd.