This is one of our favorite traditions and such an easy and fun DIY project for kids! I love that it gives us a reason to get outside and go on a scavenger hunt for supplies, and there are so many different ways to be creative and put your own spin on the idea!
What You’ll Need:
- A planter or any container
- Scissors or sheers to cut a branch
- Rocks or crystals if you want to be fancy
- Fairy Lights
- Mini ornaments if you want more decorations
- Bundle up and go on a scavenger hunt for a tree branch
- Search for rocks and small stones
- Place the branch in the planter and put the stones around it to hold it up
- Put the fairy lights on the tree
- Decorate with anything you like!
We have a tree in our yard that we use every year for this project, but you can also grab one from the ground at any Christmas Tree farm or lot. Don’t feel like going out? Take a snip from the back of your Christmas tree! In past years, we have filled the bottom of the planter with dirt to make it last longer, but this is definitely not necessary. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy creating your own version!