During these “Dog Days of August”, Dr. Rich Goldstein of Mobile Vet Squad gives us five “cool” suggestions to help keep your dog from overheating:
- Fill up a kiddy pool in the back yard and have some supervised fun!
- Provide frozen treats like flavored ice cubes, frozen Gatorade or Frosty Paws.
- Soak a bandana in water, freeze it, and loosely tie it around your dog’s neck.
- Allow your pet to lie down on a “cooling mat” to help dissipate body heat.
- Limit exercise and always provide access to fresh water, and shaded areas. Use fans or air conditioning whenever possible.
Mobile Vet Squad is a full service, fully-equipped mobile veterinary hospital for cats and dogs! To start your pet’s lifelong, stress-free, healthcare journey with Dr. Goldstein and his staff, call (914) 575-1943 or visit www.mobilevetsquad.com.