Hot chocolate bombs are having a moment, and with good reason. They’re a perfect stocking stuffer, they’re cute enough to be Instagram-worthy, and they’re delicious. We love this simple DIY version from The Local Moms Network contributor Maria Provenzano. Order some molds, enlist some helpers and use the recipe below to get started!
DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
Candy-coating chocolate for the shell
Hot chocolate powder (2 tablespoons per cocoa bomb)
Marshmallows (2 tablespoons per cocoa bomb)
Decorating: sprinkles, crushed peppermint candies, extra candy coating in various colors, etc.
Hot milk for making hot chocolate
- Melt candy coating chocolate, pour into silicone sphere mold to create an even coating
- Chill mold until coating is set and firm
- Fill chilled shell halves with cocoa mix and marshmallows
- Seal one filled shell half and one empty shell half together with extra candy-coating chocolate
- Chill sealed spheres until set
- Decorate chilled spheres with extra candies and chocolate
- Heat milk on the stove
- Put sphere in the bottom of the mug
- Pour hot milk over the sphere, stir with a spoon