This delicious and protein-packed recipe is your new go-to! Here’s what I love about it:
- It’s super versatile. It can be a sweet breakfast, a light snack or a healthy dessert.
- It pairs well with all types of toppings – salty or sweet!
- It is easy to make and very forgiving. I struggle with strict recipes that have zero room for error. This is a great one to have fun with and experiment with substitutes.
- It’s prep-friendly. The total prep time is 5 minutes and then the fridge does the work.
- It can be made the night before but it can also be made an hour before – it can be “overnight” or you can whip it up in the morning. It’s all about your personal preference for the consistency and temperature.
1 ½ cups unsweetened original or almond milk
1/3 cup black or white chia seeds
¼ cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons powdered almond butter (less fat and calories than traditional almond butter!)
2-4 tablespoons agavé (adjust to your preference)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine until thoroughly mixed.
Divide into 3-4 small mason jars and fill to about half to two-thirds to the top to leave room for topping.
Cover the jars in the fridge overnight or a minimum of an hour.
Serve chilled with your preferred toppings. Toppings we love:
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Nuts, seeds and granola
- Coconut flakes