If you’ve been following for a little bit, you’ve probably realized that I really like a good theme, especially when celebrating holidays. I came across these Peep Rice Krispies Treats on instagram and couldn’t wait to make them with my kids. They’re super easy and fun to decorate with some pastel sprinkles. I was a little too impatient when it came to letting them cool and harden which is why mine aren’t perfect looking, but it didn’t affect the taste at all. I hope you have as much fun making these as we did!
What You’ll Need:
2 packages each of yellow, blue and pink peeps or peep bunnies
1 box of Rice Krispies
1 stick of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the peeps across the bottom of the pan so that it is fully covered.
- Pour in Rice Krispies so that the layer of peeps is completed covered.
- Add another layer of peeps over the Rice Krispies. Again, completely cover the Rice Krispie’s.
- Cut the butter into chunks and scatter it amongst the peeps *I used a whole stick of butter but would probably only use 1/2-3/4 next time.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from the oven and stir with a spoon until the Peeps and Rice Krispies are fully combined.
- Sprinkle pastel sprinkles across the top.
- Let cool and harden before cutting into squares. Enjoy!