“For a quick meal on-the-go that is packed with nutrient density, these “cookies” may become one of your fave prep-ahead components that work well in a Real Food pinch!
Little hands to big will enjoy this portable treat.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and delicious! “
Photo Courtesy of The New School Kitchen
Click here for FULL Printable Recipe
- 1¼ cups Oats (quick or rolled)
- 1½ tsps Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ tsps Baking Powder
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Pureed Pumpkin
- ¼ cup Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flax seed, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped dates together in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Whisk egg in a separate mixing bowl. Add pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and grated carrot. Mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients in with the wet and mix well until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Form cookies with the dough and transfer to the baking sheet. (Tip: Use a lid from a large-mouth mason jar as a mold.)
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your cookies. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!